Elizabethtown, Kentucky Car Accident FAQ

Our Elizabethtown personal injury lawyers answer your common questions

Aldridge & Aldridge, PSC hears many questions asking about auto accidents and what our attorneys may be able to do to help. We’d like to answer some of those questions here. If you have more specific questions, please call our office at 270-765-2000 to arrange a free confidential consultation to discuss how we may be able to help.

Can you help me if the other driver does not carry insurance?

Yes. Our Elizabethtown uninsured motorist lawyers have much experience helping drivers recover the cost of accidents caused by drivers who do not have sufficient insurance coverage to pay for the costs. In some cases your own insurance provider may be obligated for the reimbursements, but they may be reluctant to give you everything to which you are entitled. Our attorneys help by examining your policy and dealing directly with your insurance company to make sure you receive all of the benefits. In situations where your auto insurance policy does not cover accidents caused by an uninsured or under-insured motorist, then we use our knowledge of Kentucky law to pursue claims directly against the other driver.

What can I do if I lost a family member in a fatal car crash?

Through the application of the Kentucky wrongful death statute, our Elizabethtown auto accident attorneys may be able to help you obtain financial compensation for the loss of a loved one. When a person is killed through another person’s fault, Kentucky tort law allows a family member to bring a law suit to obtain financial compensation for their loss. It is very important to obtain a skilled attorney who has experience performing the sensitive and complicated task of assigning a financial value to the loss of a loved one.

What kind of damages can I receive in a judgment or settlement?

If someone was responsible for causing a car accident, then you are entitled to financial compensation to cover all the losses and expenses you suffer as a result. This includes not just damage to the vehicle itself, but also the pain, suffering and other expenses you experienced. Our Elizabethtown auto accident lawyers typically seek judgments and settlements which compensate car accident victims for the full value of their:

  • Damage to vehicle
  • Medical bills, doctor fees, prescription medicine expenses and rehabilitation costs
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress
  • Lost wages, impaired earning power and loss of financial opportunities
  • Loss of enjoyment of life
  • Disability, temporary impairment and permanent impairment
  • Wrongful death of a family member or loved one
  • Loss of consortium from injury to spouse

What should I do if I was involved in a car accident?

Call our office at 270-765-2000, or contact us online. You can arrange an appointment to meet with our Elizabethtown personal injury attorneys to discuss how we may be able to help. After you tell us about your case, we will explain your legal options and what we can do. The initial consultation is free and confidential, even if you decide not to retain us.